The first thing often comes to mind when thinking about vacationing in Florida, is the state's beaches. Florida is famous for its amazing coastline, with numerous destinations perfectly poised to take in views of the Gulf and Atlantic. One of the best ways to enjoy Florida's scenic coastlines is to book a luxury beach hotel with picture-perfect views your entire vacation.
Eight Luxurious Florida Beach Hotels
1. Eden Roc Resort (Miami Beach)
Eden Roc Resort Miami Beach is just north of Miami's South Beach, close enough to the bustling beaches, yet separate enough to have luxurious comfort. Eden Roc is noted for receiving many awards including the AAA Four Diamond award.
- The 631-room resort boasts great accommodations and top class services, and even more luxury is on the way. The resort has teamed up with Nobu Hotels to add additional high-end touches in 2015, such as over 200 Nobu-inspired guest rooms, Penthouse suites, a signature Nobu restaurant and bar, Nobu lobby bar, and a completely new ocean front dining concept. Renovations and the implementation of Nobu touches extends through the summer in 2015, but should be completed by the end of September.
- Amenities include a dedicated activities' concierge to assist you with your activity planning, everything from daycare, in-room dining, valet parking, Wi-Fi, a 24-hour fitness center, four swimming pools, and full spa services. Resort activities include jet skis, sailing, paddleboards, volleyball, Kayaks and sauna. Full service spa treatments include facials, massages, stylists, body wraps and pedicures and manicures.
- The price range for a deluxe hotel room starts off at $259 and upwards of $659 per night for a suite.
2. The Mandarin Oriental (Miami's Brickell Key)
Few resorts display class, luxury, and comfort like the Mandarin Oriental Miami. This hotel boasts the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award and received a 2015 Forbes Travel Guide 5-star hotel rating. It is also listed in the top Florida hotels in Conde Nast Traveler's 2016 Readers' Choice awards. The Mandarin Oriental Miami is on Brickell Key in Miami, giving you the private island experience while still being close to the hot spots of Miami. Accommodations offers plenty of space with modern exquisite decor.
- Mandarin Oriental Miami's two restaurants have been lauded with awards, including being named a 5-star restaurant in the 2015 Forbes Travel Guide. The Azul Restaurant features modern American and Asian cuisine while La Mar by Gaston Acurio restaurant offers Peruvian cuisine.
- Mandarin Oriental's luxurious details come alive in the hotel's spa. The full-service spa at the Mandarin Oriental Miami has been called one of the best spas in Miami by Elite Traveler. The resort spa encompasses three floors, and features a pool, 11 spa treatment rooms, six spa suites, a steam room, and a dry sauna room.
- Prices for Deluxe Skyline View rooms start at $279. Step in luxury and space with the Biscayne 2-Bedroom Family Suite, which starts at $1459. The Oriental Suite measures over 2300 square feet and the price is available upon direct request from the hotel.
3. The Breakers (Palm Beach)
The Breakers Palm Beach is an incredible resort that offers guests the ability to do everything or nothing at all. The resort has been named one of the top beach getaway resorts in the world by Fodor's. It is set on 140 acres with a half mile of prime Palm Beach shoreline.
- The resort features nine different restaurants each with own unique style and class. This offers you the ability to dine close to your room anywhere in the resort. The HMF offers a high end cocktail party atmosphere in the golden era of Palm Beach and features a staggering 1,600 wine options from around the globe.
- The Breakers has two championship golf courses, one of which is Florida's first 18-hole Golf Course, built in 1896. The Breakers also offers world class golf instructions from John Webster Golf Academy, but be sure to pre-book this service as far in advance as possible.
- Rates start at $349 for a deluxe resort view room, while the 1,735 square foot imperial suite starts at $4,015.
4. Loews Don CeSar Hotel (St. Pete Beach)
Loews Don CeSar Hotel in St. Pete Beach has been named as one of three of the best hotels in St. Pete Beach by Five star Alliance. This historic hotel was built in 1928 and has actually housed F. Scott Fitzgerald, author of The Great Gatsby. The resort has withstood the test of time for class and luxury. The Pink Tower, as it has been dubbed by many, features 277 luxuriously appointed rooms.
- Don CeSar Hotel boasts six restaurant and lounge options, two pools, a fitness/wellness center, a full-service spa, and deluxe beach cabanas and loungers. There are kid-friendly pool activities, such as 'dive-in' movies during the summer months.
- If you're traveling with your four-legged friends, Don CeSar Hotel is a pet-friendly luxury hotel. The Loews pet program goes far beyond cats and dogs allowed in the hotel room. There is a gourmet room service menu for cats and dogs, specialized bedding, collars, litter boxers, and more. Pet-walking and pet-sitting services are available, or spring for a dog massage by a licensed canine massage therapist to give your pet the VIP experience on vacation too.
- Accommodations range from $249 for a superior hotel room, up to $1,980 for a bayside penthouse.
5. The Ritz-Carlton Resort (Naples)
The Ritz-Carlton Resort, Naples has been named as a five star resort by Forbes Travel Guide and awarded with a AAA Five Diamond rating. This luxury resort sits on three miles of pristine beachfront looking out towards the Gulf of Mexico.
- As you'd expect from The Ritz-Carlton brand, the Naples property features several innovative dining experiences.
- The Grill is rated a 4-star restaurant in the 2015 Forbes Travel Guide and offers aged prime meats and seafood served in a romantic setting.
- Bites offers tapas and a global-inspired menu. Look for live Latin music nightly.
- You'll want to head to =H20+, located on the top level of the spa, if you're in search of more healthy offerings, including protein shakes and fruit smoothies.
- Resort amenities include two heated outdoor swimming pools, two tennis courts, a fitness center, a full-service tri-level spa, and on-site watersports. Look for 'the Vue,' an area designed like living spaces where guests can relax and play video games.
- One of the most unique amenities offered by the Ritz Carlton Naples is its educational summer camp program for kids. The Nature's Wonders program is an environmental educational summer camp program aimed at guests ages 5 - 12 and is run by resort conservationists.
- The Ritz-Carlton Naples offers a non-balcony guest room starting at $379 for the most economical option. Prices go up to over $4,000 per night for the ultra high-end Presidential Suite.
6. Pelican Grand Beach Resort (Ft. Lauderdale)
The Pelican Grand Beach Resort is among the top 10 resorts in Florida per Conde Nast Traveler's 2016 Reader's Choice Awards and was listed in the 2015 Best Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale for US News. Located on the tranquil beaches of Fort Lauderdale, the Pelican Grand offers decadent oceanfront dining and poolside drink service.
- This resort offers the only lazy river in Ft. Lauderdale and has a zero-entry pool, which basically means a beach-entry style pool.
- The full-service PURE Spa at Pelican Grand Beach Resort includes everything you come to expect from high-end resort spas, with a nice variety of luxurious spa treatments. PURE Spa has also added reflexology and yoga to its repertoire. Another outstanding feature of this spa is that it is on the rooftop of the Grand Pelican, offering indoor and outdoor treatments where you can take in the best views of Ft. Lauderdale.
- City view king rooms at the Grand Pelican start at $245 per night, while Premier oceanfront two queen bedroom suites cost a little over $325.
7. Vero Beach Hotel and Spa (Vero Beach)
Vero Beach Hotel and Spa is an iconic resort in the Vero Beach area, earning numerous accolades like being listed among Florida's best hotels in Conde Nast Traveler's 2014 Readers' Choice awards and earning a Four Diamond rating from AAA.
- The hotel's White Orchid Spa is a full-service spa and salon, offering medi-spa treatments, acupuncture, massage therapy, body treatments, and a hair salon.
- Be advised, Vero Beach Hotel & Spa charges a resort fee of $24 per day, which covers valet parking, two beach chairs and towels with one table, an umbrella on the beach, Keurig coffee in the room, and standard Kimptom Karma member perks like Wi-Fi and a nightly hosted wine hour.
- Pets of all sizes are allowed at Vero Beach Hotel and Spa for no additional fee. There is even a Director of Pet Relations that oversees the pet perks program. This is a great feature for those traveling with their pets, but for those with allergies, this could pose a problem. If you have pet sensitivities, let the staff know at check-in so they can ensure your room has been thoroughly cleaned, reducing the possibility of pet dander.
- Rates start at $280 per night for a king room at Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, while the two-bedroom Grand Suite is offered at $980 a night.
8. Ponte Vedra Inn & Club (Ponte Vedra Beach)
The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is an amazingly pristine resort on the North shore of Florida. It sits on 300 acres of beautiful Florida beachfront, boasting a whopping 250 luxury rooms. It listed as a 4-Star Hotel in the 2015 Forbes Travel Guide.
- Amenities at Ponte Vedra Inn & Club include four heated swimming pools, one of which is a family pool with a water slide, 8,000-square-foot oceanfront fitness room, and full service luxury spa.
- The resort has 15 Har-Tru clay tennis courts, eight of which are lighted for night play. The resort also has available USPTA and USPTR teaching professionals. The courts also have covered pavilions and viewing areas.
- Ponte Vedra Inn & Club also features a 36-hole golf course. The course is equipped with a professional staff who offer instructions, clinics and camps or every level of golf skills. The course also hosts a PGA amateur golf invitational yearly.
- Accommodations at the PonteVedra Inn & Club start at $239.
The Perfect Beach Vacation in Florida
With temperate climates, it's not unusual to find travelers planning a vacation to Florida's beaches, even in the winter. With ample coastline and luxury beach resorts to fit every budget, a beach vacation in Florida is perfect, no matter whether you're celebrating a special romantic occasion or enjoying a family vacation.