A Branson log cabin getaway is a perfect way to enjoy "the Live Music Show Capital of the World." Branson, located in southwest Missouri, is a family-friendly resort in the heart of the Ozark Mountains. Best known for its resident entertainers, including Yakov Smirnoff and Mickey Gilley, Branson offers an array of attractions - both natural and man-made - for visitors to enjoy year-round.
No one ever need be bored in Branson, Missouri. The town offers an almost constant schedule of musical performances as well as museums and a wealth of outdoor activities. Among the most popular attractions are:
- Titanic Museum - New in 2006, this ship-shaped museum features actual artifacts from the wreck of the "Titanic" as well as an actual iceberg to touch and feel and a replica of the ship's Grand Staircase.
- Silver Dollar City - This 50-acre, 1880s-themed park includes a little of everything. There are roller coasters and other amusement park rides, frequent music and arts and crafts festivals, the replica riverboat "Branson Belle," and a water park.
- Branson Landing - A new complex of theaters, shopping, restaurants, and apartments - all attached to the new Branson Convention Center.
- Branson's Entertainment Strip - Branson has over 50 theaters that offer live musical entertainment, earning the city its moniker "the Live Music Show Capital of the World." Among these are Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater, Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede dinner and show, and the Jim Stafford Theater.
- Celebration City - Another amusement park in the Branson area, Celebration City features 22 rides, including the eight-story wooden coast, "Ozark Wildcat;" nightly fireworks; live entertainment, including the popular kids entertainers "Veggie Tales;" and family dances.
- Outdoor Pursuits - In addition to the music, rides, and man-made fun, the area surrounding Branson is, simply, beautiful. The rolling hills of the Ozark Mountains have some of the lovliest fall color in the country. In addition, the area is home to three lakes, all popular with boating, swimming, and fishing enthusiasts.
Finding a Log Cabin in Branson
One of the most enjoyable and romantic ways to enjoy the Ozark Mountain region is to plan a Branson log cabin getaway. Many of these unique structures line the region's lakes and are offered as rental to vacationers. Among these are:
- Executive Timbers Resort and Golf Course - Located just eight miles south of Branson, this modern log cabin community features elegant log structures with cathedral ceilings, fully equipped modern kitchens, high-speed Internet access, washers and dryers, spacious decks, and wood-burning fireplaces. Located along a nine-hole golf course and near the area's three lakes, this resort offers an array of outdoor activities.
- Crystal Cove Luxury Bed and Breakfast Log Cabins - Overlooking Table Rock Lake, these elegant, yet rustic cabins have sweeping front porches, wood-burning fireplaces, Jacuzzis, microwaves and refrigerators, and private entrances. All are furnished with antiques. Just five miles away from the Branson "Strip," this resort seems a world away with its serene atmosphere.
- Westgate in Branson Wood - These individually owned log cabins are frequently offered for nightly and weekly rental (with a two-night minimum). The complex, located just outside of Branson, offers a heated outdoor swimming pool, hiking trails, and sweeping mountain views. Most units include air conditioning, fully-equipped kitchens, and fireplaces.
Booking a Branson Log Cabin Getaway
Making arrangements for a Branson log cabin getaway is relatively easy. Several companies broker such cabins, including the ones listed above. In addition, a travel agent who is familiar with the Branson area can be an invaluable resource for finding the cabin that best matches your family's needs and budget.Most log cabin rentals in and around Branson require a deposit with the balance due 30 to 45 days prior to your arrival. These payments are generally non-refundable unless the cabin can be re-rented.