Searching for discount clothing optional travel ideas and sites? We'll help you find the bargains and the best places to go!
What is Clothing Optional Travel?
If you've never heard of clothing optional travel, you're not alone. Destination resorts can range from full-service family styled vacation spots to a romantic rendezvous for couples only. One of the newest options, however is clothing optional destinations. A clothing optional cruise or resort is not the place to take a family vacation with the kids. However, if you are looking for a place that gives you the diversity of wearing as much or as little clothing as you desire, then clothing optional vacations may be the perfect choice!
Tips for Planning Discount Clothing Optional Travel
Discount clothing optional travel can run the gamut from an all-inclusive cruise to a long weekend at a beautiful resort. Before you set sail, however, be sure you know what you can afford and just how much your vacation will cost.
- Don't sign on the dotted line until you've read the fine print.
- Keep in mind that many of the quotes you are given may not include all of your meals, snacks, drinks, and of course souvenirs.
- Check out what others have to say about the place you are going to vacation. Sites like Trip Advisor feature comments and advice from people just like you who've already been to your destination place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Never experienced a clothing optional vacation? If not, you probably have lots of questions, like the following:
- What should I expect? A clothing optional beach or cruise will feature people in all sorts of dress, or nothing at all. If you're a bit self-conscious about stripping in front of complete strangers, then take off your clothing a little bit at a time.
- Who takes clothing optional vacations? People just like you! You'll see all ages, with the exception of children. (Although there are some beaches in Europe where naked applies to anyone and everyone!) The majority of those who visit clothing optional resorts or nude beach destinations appear to be between 30 and 60, but there are others less than 30 or over 60 as well. Age is just a number, right?
- Do I have to always be nude? This will really depend upon your destination. Some clothing optional places expect people to dress for dinner with the clothing optional term referring to anywhere around the water. Other places may welcome nudity in any area.
- What is the difference between a clothing optional beach and a nudist beach? Clothing optional means you can wear as much or as little as you choose, but most nude beaches expect you to be…well…nude!
Where To Go
Now that you know the ins and outs of clothing optional vacations, where can you find some discount clothing optional travel sites? Check out the following sites. Remember to read the fine print before you send out any money. If you have additional questions, look for a contact number. Sometimes it feels better to talk to a real person.
- Desert Shadows, located in Palm Springs, offers rooms that appear to be starting at around $130 a night.
- Fantastic Voyages will help you plan a clothing-optional or clothes free resort vacation in Jamaica, Bonaire, Mexico or the Dominican Republic.
- Castaways Travel provides clothing optional and nude vacations at destinations worldwide.