The Luxor Las Vegas casino resort is dominated by a striking 350-foot tall pyramid and capped by a beacon so bright it's visible from space. Built in 1993, this property is located at the north end of the Las Vegas strip.
Luxor Las Vegas Accommodations
Luxor Las Vegas offers over 4,400 guest rooms and suites, all decorated in muted desert colors. Guest accommodations are located in the pyramid and the adjacent twin towers, which were added in 1998.
- The Pyramid rooms are situated so they overlook the atrium. Guests reach them by a unique diagonal elevator.
- Pyramid suites have a separate living room as well as an oversized bath with a Jacuzzi tub.
- The Tower rooms feature sweeping city views and large, well-appointed bathrooms.
All accommodations include air conditioning, color cable TV with a remote, high-speed Internet access, AM/FM clock radio and alarm, and an iron and ironing board. Mini-refrigerators are available for a small daily charge. Pay-per-view movies are also available. Note there is a daily resort fee, which includes admission to the fitness center.
Reviews of Luxor Las Vegas run the gamut, with most guests being very fond of the iconic pyramid-shaped hotel. Of the few TripAdvisor complaints, the main concern is a need to update the rooms. Oyster notes that rooms are already modern and well-appointed in the tower, but that rooms in the pyramid are in need of updating.
Rates at Luxor Las Vegas can be as low as $35 US a night for a pyramid room, or $58 US for a tower room, Sunday through Thursday during off-season. Friday and Saturday nights can be over $100 U.S., even in the off-season season. Peak times, including holidays and conventions, can see hotel rates skyrocket here, as with most hotels and resorts around Las Vegas.
Luxor Las Vegas offers hotel guests a wide variety of amenities. In addition to the casino, options include:
- Full spa and salon
- Lavish pool complex with four separate pools and private cabanas for rent
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Steam room
- 20,000 square feet of meeting and convention space
Luxor Las Vegas can arrange also for a variety of specialty services like golf, wedding coordination, and even in-room boudoir photo shoots.
The hotel also offers 24-hour room service, free parking, valet service, a travel and car rental desk, safety-deposit box rental, a florist, a business center, and a show ticket desk.
Luxor Las Vegas features a 120,000 square-foot casino located just off the hotel lobby. Its casino offers nearly 90 table games. In addition, the Luxor Casino has 2,000 slot machines, including video poker and video Keno games. The racing and sports book room and the private poker room are some of the most frequented in town.
Luxor features a number of retail stores where you can buy a variety of products. Shops include:
- LX Logo
- LUX Vegas
- Luxor Pool Store
- Essentials and 24/7
- CRISS Angel stores (for BeLIEve and MINDFREAK)
- Everything's $10 Boutique
If you're after more shopping, Luxor is connected to Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino via The Shoppes at Mandalay Bay. The 310-foot retail sky bridge features a number of shops and eateries.
Entertainment and Attractions at Luxor Las Vegas
Luxor Las Vegas has expanded its entertainment options over the years. Today, choose from a variety of options and some awesome deals to sweeten the deal. As of January 2015, entertainment offerings include:
- CRISS ANGEL BeLIEve: The well-known magician and illusionist has a permanent show at this casino resort. You'll experience over 40 of the most mind-blowing illusions live. Criss Angel has won a number of awards for his magic, including Magician of the Century, and in 2012, he was named Vegas' Entertainer of the Year and Best Magician in Las Vegas.
- Jabbawockeez: The Jabbawockeez PRiSM show at Luxor Las Vegas has taken the city by storm. It has been voted the Best Family Show by IN VEGAS Magazine.
- Carrot Top: One of Vegas' most popular comedians has a show at Luxor Las Vegas. With awards like "Entertainer of the Year" and "Comedian of the Year," you'd be remiss in not enjoying this crazy red-head's show.
- FANTASY: If you're looking for something adult-oriented, check out one of Las Vegas' best options. FANTASY has been in production for 15 years and has garnered awards like "Best Topless Show" by Las Vegas Weekly in 2014, and "Best Showgirls" by Las Vegas Review-Journal in 2012. FANTASY features 14 high-energy numbers and some comedic relief from Sean E. Cooper.
- Menopause the Musical: This hilarious 90-minute show includes 25 re-lyricized tunes from the 60's and 70's, all culminating with a salute to women who are experiencing "the change."
- Bodies...The Exhibition: Take an intimate and informative view into the world of the human body at this incredibly popular attraction. There are 13 whole-body specimens and more than 260 organs and partial body specimens on display.
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition: This 25,000-square-foot exhibit features over 250 artifacts recovered from the Titanic wreckage.
Luxor Las Vegas offers entertainment specials, like 2 shows for $75, which allows you to combine options at both Luxor and Excalibur Hotels. There are also dinner and show packages available. Contact 702-262-4400 or visit the box office for up-to-date information.
Dining at Luxor
Guests of the Luxor hotel need never leave the hotel to enjoy a variety of restaurants. The hotel's eateries include:
- TENDER steak & seafood: Elegant steakhouse that even offers bison on the menu. Impressive dry- and wet-aged steaks and seafood available.
- Rice & Company: Some of the finest Japanese and Chinese cuisine available in Las Vegas.
- Public House: American fare and extensive beer selection.
- T&T (Tacos and Tequila): Mexican cuisine with a rock and roll flair.
- MORE (the Buffet at Luxor): Popular buffet, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Features a 30-foot salad bar, homemade pizza station, carving and omelet stations, and more. Friday is steak night and there is a weekend brunch with unlimited mimosas.
- Pyramid Cafe: Breakfast and lunch. Be sure to try the red velvet pancakes or the pecan bacon waffle.
- Backstage Deli: Open 24/7, try a famous triple-decker sandwich.
- Food Court: Looking for a quick bite? You can find options like Bonanno's Pizzeria, LA Subs, McDonalds, Nathan's, Original Chicken Tender Company, and Starbucks Coffee.
- Blizz Frozen Yogurt and Dessert: Lots of frozen yogurt and toppings available. You can also order yogurt smoothies, milkshakes, Belgian Waffles, and crepes.
Nightlife at Luxor Las Vegas
Luxor Las Vegas has an impressive selection of nightlife options, so you don't need to even leave the hotel to party all night. Options for bars and clubs include:
- LAX Nightclub: 26,000 square-foot, two-story club that attracts A-list celebrities and jet-setters.
- Centra Bar & Lounge: Casual spot to enjoy a cocktail and catch sports broadcasts.
- Aurora: Unique lighting effects on the ceiling inspired by Aurora Borealis (the Northern Lights). Try specialty cocktails or Luxor signature drinks.
- Flight Bar: Modern cocktails, specialty beers, $5 shots, and creative beverage presentations.
- High Bar: Located by the high limit area, this is an intimate spot to catch a game on TV, enjoy a drink, or do some bar top gaming.
- Playbar: Another spot to catch the game on TV and enjoy signature Luxor drinks. Its proximity to the Race & Sports Book makes it an ideal spot if you plan to do some betting.
Luxor Las Vegas is part of the MGM Resorts International. It is located at 3900 Las Vegas Blvd South. For reservations, call 877-386-4658.