Many travelers are unaware of the perks they can receive through trip rewards.
What Are Trip Rewards?
Triprewards.com allows participants to register and earn points every time they stay at select hotels, such as Ramada Inn, Wyndham, Days Inn, Super 8, Wingate, Baymont Inn & Suites, Howard Johnson, and more. In fact, as many as 6,000 hotels are part of this program. Countries that participate in this program include the U.S., the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Ireland, and China.
These points can add up to free hotel stays at hotels, such as AmeriHost Inn, Ramada Inn, Howard Johnson, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, and more. Points can also be used to earn airline miles, rail points, gift certificates for shopping and restaurants, car rentals, movie tickets, and even merchandise.
The best part? Membership is free! You can register in one of three methods. Register online, call 1-800-FOR-TRIP, or register at any participating hotel. A staff member can help you with the details. Once you establish an account, you'll receive a membership kit and account number, usually within a month. If, however, you are traveling before you receive your kit, you should be able to obtain your membership number online to receive the points you've earned. Each time you stay at a participating hotel, you should present your membership number or card at check-in. Your points will be added to your account, and you can check your points balance online. It typically takes four to six weeks for the points to register.
You should contact Trip Rewards membership services if the following occurs:
- Your account does not show the correct points balance you think you've earned.
- You are unable to access your account online.
- You haven't received your membership card after four to six weeks.
- You've forgotten your user name and/or password.
- You've lost your membership card.
- You want to discontinue membership.
Everyone loves deals, right? You can search for hotel deals on lots of websites, like Travelocity, Expedia, and Priceline. But, isn't the deal even sweeter if you are rewarded for taking a vacation? Trip Reward points can earn you free hotel stays, airline miles, free high-speed Internet access, free domestic long distance calls, and more. The Wyndham ByRequest program offers these rewards and others, like welcome snacks and drink, choice of bed and pillow, and in-room extras after stays of three nights. Rewards can be redeemed online. All you have to do is follow the links, such as "Hotel Free Night Rewards", "Entertainment Rewards", "TripRewards Marketplace", "Travel Rewards", "Gift Certificate Rewards", and "Charitable Donation Rewards". For the "Hotel Free Night Rewards", you'll need to select the country and follow the prompts. The following rules apply:
- There are no blackout dates, and free stays can be redeemed at any time in any participating hotel as long as there is availability at that property.
- Reservations must be made to redeem free night rewards.
- You'll receive 10 Trip Rewards points for every dollar spent on a qualifying room rate at a Wyndham Hotel and Resort, or you'll receive 500 airline miles for each qualifying stay in a participating airline travel reward program. You can also choose to receive 2 rail points.
- For other participating hotels, you can receive 10 TripRewards points for every dollar spent on a qualifying room rate. You could also choose to receive airline miles or rail points depending upon the option you choose. (You can change your options at any time.)
- Reward points can only be earned through qualifying hotel stays.
Signing up for this rewards program doesn't mean you have to avoid your favorite travel agent, but the program is free, and if you enjoy staying at these participating hotels and love getting rewards, what are you waiting for?